Color Scheme[edit source]
To go with the 30 Rock green theme, can you change the layout to Jade?
If you don't know how, do the following-
My Preferences → Skin tab → Admin Options and then Set the default theme for this wiki: Jade to have the settings take effect.
- Got it for ya. :)
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 20:47, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Episode Format[edit source]
So I'm planning to create all the episode pages (probably as stubs at first w/ barebone format, content later). Instead of copying from wikipedia, what kind of format do you think will work for this wiki? Here's a rough idea:
official episode description at top
Summary of episode
Pop Culture[edit source]
Pop culture references the show uses
continuity, production, trivia, etc. go here
Guest Starring[edit source]
actor/character listing goes here
External Links[edit source]
links to other reputable sources, IMDB, wikipedia, TV.com, etc.
sources goes here
Hey Giz, My name's Nathan, and I'm a helper with the Entertainment group too. I just thought I'd let you know that I added a bunch of pictures to the site, so feel free to use them or delete them at your discretion. :) 30 Rock's a great show, I'm so happy it's getting the recognition it deserves! Yay for Tina Fey! --Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 14:43, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
Oh, PS, I thought you might want these 30 Rock Logo pictures I found: (They look smaller than they are)
- Yea, I'm not very good with the copyright stuff, feel free to change the tags. You're probably right, at least for the DVD Season 1 cover. :)
- --Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 17:05, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi there! My name's Scott, a contractor working for Wikia with a focus on Entertainment wikis. I love that you started a wiki for 30 Rock! I've seen a lot of the 2nd season and still need to catch up with the first. Please let me know if you have any questions about the wiki format, or how to help your community grow by leaving a message on my talk page. Thanks! —Scott (talk) 22:41, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
new wiki[edit source]
Hi Gizmomogwai -- we are excited to have 30 Rock Wiki as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be overwhelming, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
If you need help (which trust me we ALL do) you can access our full in-depth help at Help Wikia, or email us through our contact form. Also, you can visit our live #wikia chat channel any time. A lot of the veteran "Wikians" hang out here so its a good place if come if you want to get some advice or simply make friends.
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
Editorial partnership with 30 Rock Wiki[edit source]
My name is Luke Dringoli. I’m a writer and editor for Story Worldwide. Hoping to chat with you about the possibility of forming an editorial partnership with 30 Rock Wiki. Couldn't find your email on here… Could you drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org? when you have a chance? Many thanks!
Ldringoli 03:34, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
Related Videos Module[edit source]
Hi, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Content Development Team. As you may have seen on many wikis such as Call of Duty, there is a new module for the right hand column that displays related videos to the Wiki. This is a new feature that we want to place on your wiki, would you be cool with allowing this? The module can be seen on any page, here is an example - Wagnike2 (talk) 03:26, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
Fall TV Badge[edit source]
With the fall TV season approaching, we've created this main page badge so users can have an opportunity to see what's coming up, and possibly learn about shows they might not have heard of yet:
As always, this is a completely optional addition, but we wanted to include this wiki in our list of fall TV wikis that we're offering it to. At 300px width, it's designed to live on the top of the right main page column, but if you choose to add it you're welcome to move it anywhere you like. Please message me on my talk page to let me know if you'd like to add it (I can put it up for you, or you're welcome to add it yourself), or if you choose to decline - so that I can check this wiki off my list.
Thank you for your time!
Thank you fir fixing the Criss page but due you know how to remove the info box templates they are giving me a hard time with editing the pages. thank you and glad to be on the wiki.--FossilLord 03:44, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Tina Fey's new show - Great News[edit source]
Hi Gizmomogwai! My name is Mike and I'm a member of Fandom's Community Development Team! We just created a wiki for Tina Fey's new show, Great News and I was wondering if you would be interested in helping out over there based on your interest in 30 Rock? No worries if you're not interested! - Cavalier One (talk)
Your Wiki Manager![edit source]
Hey there Gizmomogwai, I'm MakeShift and I've been assigned to you as the Wiki Manager for this wiki! I'm here to help you guys and act as a sort of "middleman" between the community and full-time Fandom staff, and to make sure we keep everything healthy and in great shape. While I'm here, I wanted to bring up two things with you;
- Firstly, in my official capacities, I wanted to bring up Fandom's latest project, the Unified Community Platform, or UCP. Over the next little while, Fandom will be transitioning over to the UCP, and so I'll be here to help make that process smooth for all of you. More recently, Fandom has announced some brand new information regarding how profiles and message walls will work on the new platform, which you can read about here - and I reckon it's pretty cool stuff!
- Secondly, and more importantly, we've identified that with the new Peacock streaming service coming out next month (so soon!!), there's a pretty high chance that this wiki'll see a surge in popularity, like back when 30 Rock was still airing. In line with this, we really want to make sure that y'all are all prepared for this surge in activity, given the popularity of the show in the past. Overall, what sort of things were you planning for this around the wiki? Was there anything you've had in the mind in the past for the wiki, but never really gotten around to, that'd work beautifully now? Perhaps a bit of tweaking here and there to freshen up the wiki to like it was in its heyday!
Absolutely thrilled to be working with you guys, keen to hear your thoughts! Beyond this, if you need any help, don't be afraid to swing me a message, and I'll try my best to solve any problems you might have! —MakeShift (talk · contribs) 10:39, March 7, 2020 (UTC)